“We the Employees of PET Processors make the
personal commitment to understand, meet and when possible, exceed our customer’s requirements through continuous
improvement to our process . . .”
PET Processors, L.L.C. (PPLLC) is committed to providing quality
processing of your products. We accomplish this by training our people to:
- Inspect quality characteristics of the incoming product
- Handle products suitably to prevent contamination
- Properly operate equipment and instruments
- Use appropriate quality tests to monitor and control the process
- Keep detailed quality and processing records
- Package and store the product per customer specifications
Quality Assurance Process
The following is a general description of our process for assuring quality:
- The first step is to understand our customer’s needs so we can
develop a process that achieves the customer’s quality and productivity goals. We do this through a
Processing Proposal Survey in which the customer defines the characteristics of the product and the
expectations of the processing.
- Next, Quality Planning is done during the Technical Review process. This defines the critical steps
in the process and the actions to be taken to monitor and control
process parameters so quality objectives can be met. The end result of the quality planning step is an
internal Product Specification. The Product Specification is unique to each product and contains all the
critical information needed to process that product (processing conditions, product sampling and testing,
packaging and labeling, etc.)
- Initial product processing (a trial batch) is done to verify the proposed conditions and quality output.
This information is used to provide feedback for process improvement.
Once a stable process is achieved and the results approved by the customer, production processing can begin.
- Production processing uses the conditions established in the
Product Specification as the basis for all further processing. Proposed processing changes can be made only
by review and agreement of the customer.
- Quality data reporting includes a Certificate of Analysis (for test data), inventory data, production data, etc.
- Commonly used quality tests include:
- Melt viscosity
- Color analysis
- Particle size determination (includes dust and fines analysis)
- Moisture level Contamination DSC testing
- Solution viscosity testing
PPLLC is a
leader in thermoplastic recycling
PPLLC provides recycling solutions for post consumer and post industrial
resins, including PET. Single screw extrusion technology is used to melt,
process, and filter recycled flake into pellets. PPLLC's capabilities
include drying, extruding, and underwater pelletizing flake to provide a
pellet feedstock for further processing. PPLLC routinely increases the IV
of recycled polyesters and nylons for specialty applications.